Overview of Job Function: The Medical Engagement Specialist performs chart reviews and engages in physician networking and community outreach across a variety of indications and locations across the country. The goal of educating and enlisting the support of referral sources and patient groups is achieved through keen interpersonal skills and developing and maintaining key relationships via email, phone and in person. The outcome is to enhance study awareness and drive patient recruitment within specific clinical trials. Recruitment and retention are hallmarks of this role.
- Identify opportunities to educate physicians and health care professionals with referring
- potential on study participation.
- Coordinate and attend, as needed, recruitment events, activities and meetings.
- Contact and visit medical facilities as well as community organizations and advocacy groups,
- to build rapport, support and clinical study awareness.
- Provide on-going assessments and guidance to assist clinical study sites with identifying and
- overcoming recruitment challenges and opportunities.
- Conduct on-site chart reviews for projects requiring focused recruitment lead generation.
- Generate clear and detailed documentation of above listed activities on a timely basis.
- Maintain consistent and evolving trackers to address recruitment performance and retention.
- Assist in the activities of the Director of Medical Engagement Program, as needed.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in health communications, social sciences, or related field of study
- 3 years’ experience working in a medical environment – hospital, clinics, outreach centers, etc.
- Familiarity with medical terminology
- Strong medical or scientific background in pharmaceutical trials
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Self-directed to increase clinical study awareness in all areas of the health care community
- Ability to build and maintain long-term relationships with persons from varied social, economic,
- and educational backgrounds
- Adaptable to working in a variety of environments and flexible hours
Managerial Responsibilities: None
Reports to: Director, Medical Engagement Program
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: Part-time or freelance position with approximately 15 to 30
Omnicom Health Group is an EOE/AA Employer.