DDB Health is a global network of healthcare communications companies dedicated to helping clients use creativity—and creative technology—as a force for good health. Through deep insight into customers, channels, and behavior, DDB Health creates meaningful change on behalf of important healthcare brands.
Title: Editorial Group Supervisor
Company/Location: DDB Health / New York, NY
Core Competencies: Customer Focus, Interpersonal Savvy and Creativity
Overview: The Editorial Group Supervisor manages workflow and supervises staff for a cluster of brands. Able to supervise numerous projects and editors at once. Leads the editorial process, gives constructive feedback, evaluates work. Also lead editor, fact checker, and proofreader for a variety of promotional and educational materials for physicians, other healthcare professionals, and patients from manuscript through publication.
- Managing workflow and supervising staff for a cluster of products
- Lead editor on one product and a team member on the other products in the cluster; training new team members
- Editing, fact checking, and proofreading a variety of promotional and educational materials for physicians, other healthcare professionals, and patients from manuscript through publication
- Coordination of timing and quality control of projects, including content editing, styling, proofreading, and fact checking initial manuscript though publication
- Working with account executive, project manager, writer, art director, and other team members to ensure that materials are of the highest quality in terms of accuracy, utility, clarity, readability, and appeal
- Working closely with writers to resolve content/referencing issues
- Working closely with the account and project management team on content/scheduling issues
- Advises manager about departmental evaluations, training, and scheduling
- Creating and maintaining style guides and reference citation lists
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Managerial/supervisory experience in medical content editing in pharmaceutical advertising agency, in-house agency, or medical publishing company.
- Knowledge of AMA Manual of Style, 10th edition, essential
- Articulate oral and written communication skills essential
- Curiosity/interest in medical topics essential
- Organization, attention to detail, and the ability to oversee and handle numerous products at once essential