Title: Junior Production Manager (Print)
Company/Location: Link9, Jersey City
Overview: Link9 is seeking a Junior Production Manager to join our team! The role of a Junior Production Manager is to examine existing processes and find efficiencies, assist and direct colleagues and clients in their efforts to meet print production requirements with regard to services, quality, costs, and scheduling.
- Setting and maintaining standards for work handled in the Production Department with regards to estimates, supplier selection, proofing, approvals, print production schedules, and deliveries.
- Cooperating with account executives, traffic coordinators, graphic designers, and art directors in meeting scheduled requirements.
- Preparing print production specifications and collaborating with traffic staff, account staff and art directors in the process.
- Supervising competitive bidding process.
- Issuing Purchase Orders with complete specifications and instructions to appropriate suppliers.
- Maintaining efficient control of all jobs, internally and externally.
- Approving invoices and expediting billing.
- Maintaining a cordial relationship with present suppliers and dealing with suppliers in a businesslike manner, which will reflect positively on the agency and our clients.
- Serving as liaison to client print production and purchasing personnel.
- Seeking new suppliers, new techniques and new products which can be valuable to the agency and our clients.
- Attending press runs on an “as needed” basis to assure quality control.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Prior background in production in ad agency with direct mail and collateral experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer literate- Microsoft Office.
- Ability to manage others.
- Pro-active and self-motivated individual.
- College Grad or equivalent experience.