Job Title: Media Analyst
Location: Irvine, California
SSCG Media Group (SSCGMedia.com) is a leading healthcare media planning and buying agency network and is a proud member of the Omnicom Health Group.
Be a part of a team who thinks having fun, learning something new every day, and being creative in everything we do are some of the key ingredients to your success. Join an organization that has experienced tremendous growth and doesn’t plan to stop anytime soon! See how Substance, Style, Conviction and Grace (SSCG) are held as core values and recognized in you. We offer rich opportunities for our talent to learn and grow, be challenged, and find their passion in their work.
If you have Substance, Style, Conviction and Grace (along with all the skills below), we want to hear from you!
The Digital Media Analyst will be tasked with gathering and transforming vast data sets into compelling and actionable insights. Working directly with Analytics directors, clients and vendors, the Data Analyst will develop measurement plans to outline KPIs and benchmarks, and implement resulting media strategies and optimizations alongside a team of the media planners and strategists.
- Oversee data reporting process for assigned brands and provide a POV on the appropriate metrics to capture and report
- Collaborate with key agency partners including Multichannel Media Planners, Account, Creative, and clients to develop a measurement plan that outlines campaign goals and aligns them with key performance indicators
- Work with internal team to develop a measurement proposal, present proposal to client, and deliver monthly analytics reports to internal team/ client
- Implement data collection best practices (i.e. Google Analytics account set-up, tag management, and collection of data)
- Gather data through various third party platforms and analytics tools and manages projects to successful completion by executing against the measurement plan
- Identify opportunities and gaps in the overall data capture strategy for continuous process improvement and collaboratively implement enhancements
- Compile actionable and timely analytics reports inclusive of insights and recommendations to optimize campaign performance
- Present digital media analytics reports to clients and key agency partners
- Work with media and account teams to develop media strategies based on research findings and uncover optimization, cancellation, and reallocation opportunities
- Stay ahead of analytics industry trends and developments
- Work with internal teams to gain more digital projects from existing clients by offering quarterly or yearly audits.
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, mathematics, economics, engineering, information management, social sciences or business/marketing related fields.
- 1-3 years of experience in a quantitative data driven field (New graduates will also be considered depending on their educational background)
- Must be proficient in Excel and other Microsoft Office applications
- Excel skills:
- Delimit data fields
- Merge data fields
- Pivot tables, and creating formulas within pivot tables
- A strong desire to learn and passion for digital marketing, research and analytics
- Ability to work well with others and work in cross functional teams
- Capacity to manage and prioritize a number of concurrent tasks
- Strong analytical ability, critical thinking and proactive problem-solving skills
- Good organizational skills, strong attention to detail, and ability to support multiple brands
- Ability to proficiently explain complex technical ideas to multiple audiences both verbally and in writing
- Desire to continually learn and grow by staying current on emerging trends in the digital media and analytics fields
- Must be a self-starter, able to work independently and in team environment
- Exposure to one or more of the following analytics applications (a plus): DoubleClick, Omniture, Webtrends, Google Analytics, Tableau, Datorama
- Healthcare vertical experience (a plus)