CALL CENTER SUPERVISOR
Overview of Job Function:
The call center supervisor will supervise and execute day-to-day operations in the call center to include monitoring telephone activity volume, prescreening questionnaire calls following prepared scripts, daily data transfer, reports and quality review, database maintenance, data entry and other work as requested. Manages telephone systems. Manages call center projects.
- Manage day to day call center activities
- Scan and process incoming patient surveys
- Create spreadsheets for accounting, statistics, and project management teams
- Answer incoming and outgoing calls for all projects
- Respond to inquiries received via mail, fax, phone, or e-mail
- Prepare reports, faxes, data entries, and research as required for each project
- Assign tasks to call center employees
- Update and maintain current documentation, including Call Center specific Standard Operation Procedures (SOPs) and Working Procedures (WPs)
- Perform and document periodic quality review of data by spot-checking database entries, monitoring phone conversations, and performing source document verification
- Schedule staff to ensure call center operations have coverage from 8:30 AM to 8 PM Monday through Friday
- Maintain electronic and paper files of inquiries and responses according to departmental storage and archival procedures
- Follow all standards and procedures involving confidentiality.
- Share critical information to call center staff
- Act as a liaison between call center and project teams
- Communicate directly with clients for Call Center specific projects
- Train team on new study projects, reviewing prepared, approved call scripts, ensuring correct pronunciation of study name or medications, updating database with call responses, and documenting the training
- High school graduate or G.E.D with equivalent years of relevant work experience. Bachelor's degree in business, communications, health, or related field preferred
- 2- 4 years' experience in health care, customer support, or clinical research
- 3 or more years’ experience managing, coaching, and developing call center team
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Good problem solving and decision making skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Proficiency in Spanish is a plus
Critical Success Factors:
- Strong planning and organizational skills to manage day-to-day operations to meet project and team goals
- Ability to incorporate process changes quickly and suggest changes towards improvements.
- Must be alert to possible problems and be able to bring these to the attention of the manager or project leader.
- Adaptable to working a flexible schedule to provide coverage during call center hours of operation
MMG & Omnicom Health Group is an EOE /AA Employer.