Overview: Reporting to the Creative Director, the Copywriter is responsible for brainstorming ideas, developing concepts and producing brand specific messaging across all forms of media. The Copywriter is an integral member of a cross functional team dedicated to creating work aligned with client’s brand strategy and CDM’s creative vision.
- Write brand-appropriate, creative pieces in a variety of mediums; both online and offline (i.e. journal ads, sales aids, resource guides, iPad apps)
- Write effective copy aligned to brand strategy for a variety of audiences (i.e. healthcare professionals, patients and/or consumers)
- React to feedback, comments and changes to maximize creative effect and and clarity of communication pieces while adhering to timelines and due dates
- Annotate references for fact checking
- Present ideas, tactics, and strategies to internal cross-functional team and clients
- Participate in CDM group and creative team initiatives as appropriate
- Participate in training courses offered by CDM and The Omnicom Health Group
- Support and/or lead team or agency initiatives as assigned
Qualifications and Experience:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as a copywriter in an advertising agency (pharmaceutical advertising a plus, but not mandatory)
- Portfolio containing finished professional pieces as well as conceptual work'
- Superior written and verbal communication skills with the ability to receive and assimilate critical feedbackAble to multi-task in a fast paced environment while functioning as a member of a highly collaborative team
- Solid understanding of digital communications and media channels