POSITION TITLE: Senior Vice President, Creative Director
SUPERVISOR: Executive Creative Director
LOCATION: New York, NY
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR: A Creative Director (CD) to join one of the world’s most admired healthcare advertising agencies to lead, produce and supervise award-winning, convention-breaking creative idea generation on behalf of a stunning roster of clients. Creative Directors are key client-facing agency partners, hands-on creators, strategically insightful contributors, and inspiring team leaders for the brands he/she becomes responsible for, as well as the agency at large.
The CD is closely involved in the conception, design, and execution of integrated, multi-channel initiatives and handily demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of multiple brands, disease states, and overall industry trends and norms. The CD is expected to facilitate both organic and new business growth through the development of ground-breaking content.
WHAT DOES THE ROLE ENTAIL:
- CREATIVITY: The CD leads and supervises the creation of award-winning creative work and generates new and innovative ideas to create a broad range of ideas to support integrated, cross-channel initiatives. Collaborates to refine creative briefs, and interacts with project teams to understand business objectives and audience demographics, translating concepts into effective messaging and tactical pull-through. Selects best-suited creative resources for projects, using judgment to advance the best thinking that is in line with brief and project scope. Presents and sells ideas to clients; listens and interprets client feedback. Partners with Account Management to lead multiple brand teams.
- TECHNICAL EXPERTISE: The CD ensures that strategic and medical accuracy is achieved and leads flawless production and delivery of ideas. Leads exquisite digital-asset management and client regulatory systems for timely, accurate workflow. Understands the needs and motivations of an audience and how they’re expressed across a wide range of marketing channels. Familiar and experienced in both digital and traditional channels, including video, and understands best production practices.
- BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT: The CD supports both the pursuit of organic business opportunities with existing clients as well as the pursuit of business opportunities with new clients. Learns to identify new business opportunities within existing accounts to expand current assignments and acquire new projects. Uses presentation skills and command of content to help win new assignments. Is able to lead teams in new business presentations and the development of business-winning pitch creative.
- CRITICAL DEVELOPMENT OF CREATIVE STAFF: The CD is key to the training and mentoring of junior talent. Passionately and selflessly grows talent and helps shape careers at the ACD level and more junior levels. Adept at managing workload across brands to ensure creative opportunities are plentiful and appropriate for different levels of creative staff. Actively partners with fellow creative directors and other internal agency partners to ensure proper staffing across all agency brands, projects and pro-bono initiatives.
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE SHOULD HAVE:
- A Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Art, Advertising, Design, or equivalent experience
- Minimum 10 years’ advertising experience, with significant healthcare-specific experience
- Effective team-building skills
- Creative concepting skills and impeccable creative judgment; able to work with and improve others’ ideas without territoriality
- Strong communication skills
- A solution-oriented approach to internal and external challenges
- Honed presentation skills and client handling skills
- Organizational skills to handle high work volume under pressure