Company Description: BioPharm Communications is a leading medical communications and marketing firm that specializes in the development and multi-channel deployment of proprietary promotional medical education programs, along with targeted marketing solutions. BioPharm’s programs are developed to address specific healthcare marketing opportunities and challenges.
Vice President, Client Engagement
The VP of Client Engagement will lead a team of Client Engagement Directors charged with developing strong client relationships and building/executing BioPharm MCM campaigns.
This person will be responsible for client management and satisfaction across the portfolio of business within the Agency, with a focus on providing strategic leadership on marquee accounts. The VP of Client Engagement is responsible for client success, organic growth within accounts, supports select brand planning, and oversees strategic and tactical deliverables. With a unique revenue model, this person will also be responsible for ensuring the timely recognition of booked revenue.
The VP Client Engagement will also play a significant role in ensuring stability and growth in existing accounts. This is done through achieving service expectations of the client and maintaining a solid client relationship based on mutual trust and respect through the creation of a customized team.
Working on an interdisciplinary team, this person will ensure collaborative planning and execution across internal Creative, Strategy, CRM, Analytics, and Operations Leads to deliver best-in-class work and an outstanding customer experience.
- Develop and maintain senior-level client relationships, providing value as a strategic thinker, problem solver, and team leader; ensure BioPharm’s value proposition is well understood by the client
- Direct and motivate account teams during campaign execution and delivery
- Help identify and participate in the development of new business opportunities with existing clients; partner closely with Business Development leads on marquee accounts
- Builds outstanding relationships with senior clients on marquee accounts
- Ensures successful development and execution of the client engagement
- Taking on an influential role in supporting new business initiatives, and leveraging client relationships in the development of business growth
- Maintaining a strong understanding our client’s industry, business, and brands
- Delivering strategic client presentations and providing recommendations that are concise, insightful, and fully represent BioPharm’s value proposition
- Developing team members through training and identifying areas for growth – you’ll coach them to close talent gaps and motivate them to develop skills
- Lead the Client Engagement team with a thorough knowledge of marketing strategy, competitive landscape, challenges and opportunities
- Responsible for managing your direct report staff and junior account team, ensuring their continued development
- Build and support a strong and strategically focused client/agency team
- Guide team members' career paths and skills development; conduct and coach direct reports and team members through regular feedback sessions
- Manage and monitor financial performance, including revenue recognition
- Maintains a superior relationship with all departments in the agency and understands the strategic goals of the account and contributes to their communication to the agency team
- Ensures the agency is giving its highest quality, meeting client objectives, and also leading the category
- Contribute to/Lead key internal improvement projects
- Must possess a deep and thorough understanding of the pharma/healthcare advertising industry
- Marketing acumen; deep understanding of multichannel marketing, specifically engagement-driven marketing plans
- Demonstrated effectiveness in managing multiple clients and account teams
- Demonstrated success at developing valued relationships with senior-level client management
- Demonstrated success as strategic partner to clients
- Multi-channel experience
- Must have proven success at identifying opportunities and securing organic client growth
- Strong organization and interpersonal skills
- Superior presentation skills
- Strong financial acumen - demonstrated success in ensuring cost effectiveness and productivity
- BA/BS degree required; MBA preferred
- Must have 10+ years of Brand AOR account leadership experience, with at least five years of pharmaceutical advertising agency experience
- 5+ years of leadership and supervisory experience
- Experience developing, producing and leading multi-channel marketing plans and initiatives required
- Candidates must demonstrate hands-on proficiency in developing and delivering presentations in PowerPoint
- Must be able to travel based on client business needs (local travel mostly, but not limited)