YOU ARE A METICULOUS WORDSMITH You’ve long believed that most challenges are better faced with a few finely crafted sentences. You learn quickly and embrace the challenge of understanding new data and writing copy for products you were just exposed to yesterday. Translating clinical trial data into concise product claims is second nature. You are as skilled at annotating references as you are at messaging, and you approach both with scientific know-how and attention to detail.
You are an innovative, creative thinker, a partner to your teammates and your clients. You’re committed to fresh thinking and consistent execution of day-to-day needs on your long-standing brands, but can easily switch gears to disruptive concepting for new business efforts. In collaboration with your team, clients can depend on your routine delivery of collateral while also relying on your ability to offer a new take on an existing product or market-savvy ideation for their next launch.
YOU WILL BE EXPECTED TO:
YOU WILL EXCEL BY:
05 \ RESEARCH
- Maintain currency with brands and applicable medical/scientific information.
- Mine market research via Internet and other resources (Medline, National Library of Medicine, client information, clinical reports, etc).
- Identifying and understanding trends in healthcare and research, and seeking ways to apply those learnings to your day-to-day work.
04 \ COLLABORATION
- Assist in developing a creative brief by working with the internal team and client team to define original concepts, create a target audience, and begin the creative process.
- Attend and provide input during strategic planning sessions, job opening meetings with the account and creative teams, and brainstorming sessions with the creative team, as well as the creation of a spec sheet to assist other internal departments in executing the work product.
- Defining original concepts and creating a target audience to begin the creative process.
03 \ QUALITY ASSURANCE
- Ensure strategic and medical accuracy of content by reviewing and editing copy for correctness and applying applicable clinical data and market research to the concept work.
- Maintain agency creative standards by reviewing type proofs and mechanicals for errors or omissions, adhering to budget and time constraints.
- Executing strategically and medically accurate projects on time and on budget.
02 \ IDEATION
- Create high-quality creative content and generate new and innovative ideas.
- Collaborate with internal staff to create a broad range of written concept advertising, sales promotion, and collateral pieces. Enhance creative quality by reviewing concept ideas with the creative director, art director, and creative team.
- Utilizing personal creativity, skills, and experience to deliver disruptive creative results.
01 \ EXECUTION
- Create copy documents by utilizing information gathered throughout brainstorming and job opening meetings and forward to ACSM for internal review and approval.
- Ensure legal and regulatory accuracy and compliance by participating in a legal review with client company’s legal department. Appropriately apply client-provided information, market research, and AMA and client-preferred style to the content copy.
- Routinely ensuring completeness and accuracy of content.