Click column header to sort
Title: Medical Writer
Company/Location: CDM New York
Department/Discipline: Medical and Scientific Affairs
Overview: With an innate passion for science, a successful Medical Writer will possess the ability to distill complex science, analyze and synthesize data, generate medical and scientific content across various channels and demonstrate great attention to detail.
The things that make this opportunity special:
- The people: You’ll join an enthusiastic department of Scientists, Physicians and Pharmacists that each naturally model our core values substance, style, conviction and grace
- The culture: An energetic, supportive and collegial department await you.
- The agency: CDM truly values MSA’s scientific smarts and embraces science-driven innovative ideas, approaches and solutions
- The resources: As a part of OmnicomHealthGroup, OHG, you will have a multitude of data-driven, analytical, quantitative and qualitative -research tools at your fingertips to help uncover important insights and fuel impactful brand work
- The work: As a medical writer at CDM, you will dive deep into therapeutic categories, create audience-gripping content and feel intellectually stimulated each and every day
A Medical Writer is responsible for:
- Demonstrating an in-depth understanding of assigned therapeutic areas
- Performing comprehensive literature searches and creating in detailed project outlines
- Creating medical and scientific content across various therapeutic areas
- Developing content that specifically targets HCP audiences at symposia, advisory boards, product theaters and other promotional medical education venues
- Generating medical educational content across audio, video and other platforms
- Liaising with KOLs in the process of content development and roll out
- Leveraging innovative / non-traditional platforms for content delivery
- Delivering projects that consistently meet the agreed upon objectives
- Ensuring that all medical writing projects are on track and delivered on time
- Interacting with healthcare professionals on programs
- Attend conferences, trade shows, or other venues as necessary
- An advanced degree in life science is required, PhD ideal, MD
- Superb writing skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team player
- Proficiency in the use of Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
Title: Junior Art Director
Company/Location: CDM New York
Competencies: Customer Focus, Interpersonal Savvy and Creativity
Overview: The Junior Art Director is responsible for learning about the basics of healthcare advertising, creating concepts on strategy, and the agency process. The Junior Art Director is a driven and ambitious member of the creative team with an eye for design.
- Develop concepts and supporting materials for 360º healthcare advertising
- Work closely with copy and account services as a team player to ensure that the creative needs of your brand(s) are met
- Be a brand steward: manage design, typography and overall visual identity in the online and offline spaces
- Stay Creatively Fresh: actively seek and share digital inspiration (creative, technology, general digital trends) with their teams, art department, and agency
- Ability to present/communicate in an organized, professional, and effective manner
- Responsible for managing workload and timeline.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Hybrid designer: print and digital
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience at an advertising agency or 2 years at a design studio
- Team oriented
- Basic knowledge of presenting creative work
- Degree in Art Design/Advertising
- Demonstrate outstanding creative conceptual and design skills through a portfolio that is clean and visually strong
Title: Junior Copywriter
Company/Location: CDM New York
Core Competencies: Customer Focus, Interpersonal Savvy, and Creativity
Overview: The Junior Copywriter is responsible for brainstorming ideas, developing concepts and producing brand specific messaging for print and digital deliverables with oversight and direction from the senior copy team. In this entry-level position, the Copywriter will learn what it means to execute creative work and how to function as a member of a cross-functional team. Through learning opportunities, and on the job experiences the Junior Copywriter will prepare for a creative career in Pharmaceutical Advertising.
- Write brand-appropriate, creative pieces in a variety of mediums; both online and offline (i.e. sales aids, resource guides, iPad apps)
- Write effective copy aligned to brand strategy for a variety of audiences (i.e. healthcare professionals, patients and/or consumers)
- Incorporate feedback, comments and changes from senior copy team and cross functional partners while adhering to timelines and due dates
- Annotate references for fact checking
- Demonstrate understanding of assigned brands, indications, therapeutic categories, and competitive landscape
- Present ideas, tactics, and strategies to senior copy team and internal cross-functional team
- Learn and master all proprietary systems, work-flows and processes as indicated by supervisor
- Participate in CDM group and creative team initiatives as appropriate
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in advertising, communications or journalism and/or coursework related to Pharmaceutical advertising or life sciences is preferred, not required
- Portfolio containing work samples that demonstrate strong conceptual abilities, creative thinking, and exceptional writing skills
- Strong academic achievement combined with campus leadership and/or community involvement
- Previous internship within the advertising industry or related field; pharmaceutical advertising exposure is preferred, not required
- Able to multi-task in a faced paced environment while functioning as a member of a highly collaborative team
- Basic understanding of digital communications and media channels preferred
- Superior written and verbal communication skills with the ability to receive and assimilate critical feedback
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
Title: Brand Coordinator
Company/Location: CDM New York / New York
Department/Discipline: Account Services / Project Management
Competencies: Customer Focus, Drive For Results, Interpersonal Savvy, Problem Solving
Overview: The Brand Coordinator will act as an internal day-to-day contact for tasks related to workflow and process for digital and print projects. He or She will learn what it takes to execute a job from start to finish and how to communicate effectively with cross- functional partners. Through extensive learning opportunities, varied disciplinary exposures and team-based projects a Brand Coordinator will prepare for a career in Pharmaceutical Advertising
- Participate in and complete all assigned training classes, team and individual projects and presentations
- Learn and master all proprietary systems, work-flows and processes to support the internal routing process
- Learn project documentation and its role in managing workflow. Specifically: Project Plan, Project Brief, Project Scope, Timelines, Risk Management Form, Burn Report
- Responsible for assigned brands and projects including: opening jobs, trafficking workflow and conducting status meetings with Account, PM, Creative, Development and/or Production
- Update and distribute weekly status reports and daily hot sheets; input project data
- Route jobs through various departments, in the proper routing sequence, while ensuring approvals of all parties and aligned to established brand workflow
- Communicate throughout respective departments regarding progress of jobs, workflow, timeliness and problems
- Work closely with Project Management (PM) and Account Services teams to learn how to create budgets for projects leveraging standardized pricing
- Coordinate with appropriate contacts at Client as needed; support RC submissions
- Assist in the development of key project documents including but not limited to client project status and internal meeting reports
- Prepare internal meeting agendas to initiate projects and assist in conducting internal meeting
- Summarize, communicate and distribute meeting notes/next steps immediately following critical meetings and at least 24 hours following any non-critical internal meeting (not responsible for client contact reports)
- Run burn reports for assigned projects and/or senior team members as requested
- Communicate hours allocated to the team during the project and work with PM and Account Services to actively troubleshoot and track potential over-runs
- Participate in CDM group initiatives as appropriate.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in advertising, marketing, communications, Technology or journalism and/or coursework related to Pharmaceutical advertising is preferred, not required.
- Strong academic achievement combined with campus leadership and/or community involvement.
- Previous internship within the pharmaceutical advertising industry or related field is preferred, not required.
- Able to multi-task in a fast paced environment while functioning as a member of a highly collaborative team.
- Basic understanding of digital communications and media channels preferred.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office. Basic knowledge of MS project preferred not required.
Title: VP, Copy Supervisor
Company/Location: CDM NY / New York
Competencies: Creativity, Customer Focus, Interpersonal Savvy, Perseverance
- Writes and supervises solid, intelligent, brand-appropriate, creative pieces in a variety of communication forms (eg, sales aid, direct mail) for a variety of audiences (eg, healthcare professionals, patients, consumers)
- Supervises all copy in all communications related to his/her brand(s)
- Gives strong, clear direction to writers
- Exhibits strong creative ability, as shown in ads/other forms of communication, created in partnership with an art director
- Has an ability to understand and process healthcare information
- Thoroughly understands his/her assigned brand(s)-indication, therapeutic implications, competition-and regularly researches trends in the appropriate area(s)
- Contributes strategically to the long-term vision of the brand, internally and with client
- Works well independently while always making sure that all creative work s/he writes or supervises is approved by supervisor/CD
- Submits copy/concepts to supervisor and AE in a timely fashion, with enough time for revisions before copy goes to client
- Leads teammates; maintains a strong relationship with Editorial, Art, and Account Services and follows procedures
- Presents points of view articulately and persuasively within CDM NY and with client
- Is the "brand champion." Makes contributions to the success of his/her brand(s) that the client sees as meaningful and proactive. Enhances client's confidence in CDM NY
- Identifies opportunities to generate work with clients beyond already-contracted activity. Actively pursues these opportunities
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Portfolio that demonstrates strong conceptual abilities and writing skills
- Previous work experience as a writer in advertising
- Team Oriented
- Presentation Skills
- Management Skills
- 3+ years of Pharma/Healthcare Exp
Title: Senior Digital Data Analyst
Company / Location: CDM NY / New York
Overview: The Senior Digital Data Analyst will measure digital HealthCare marketing campaigns to HealthCare Providers (HCPs), Patients, and Payers, to uncover and integrate insights from resulting datasets to produce high-quality analyses and reports for our client’s pharmaceutical brands.
- Track, report on, and make recommendations on digital HealthCare advertising campaigns. Support digital campaign management, reporting and analytics for online web properties, search, affiliate, display, mobile platforms, social listening, and emerging digital channels.
- Integrate non-personal channels (e.g. conventions, sales representatives, and other live events) to assist Account Executives and Digital Strategists with the holistic view of a campaign
- Own weekly, monthly, and quarterly reporting. Prepare and produce analytics reports on a weekly, bi-weekly and monthly basis. Perform daily analysis and report on campaign results when necessary.
- Define data output formats and export data from several internal and external sources
- Managing data pulls of varying size and complexity
- Implements ad-hoc projects to build data resources, enhance reporting and deliver analytical insights.
- Use qualitative and quantitative data to derive insights and develop measurable recommendations and experiments.
- Analyze data from the HCP and Patient usage of interactive products, providing insights usage and proactively making recommendations to improve the user experience. Apply strategic thinking, analytical insights and project management skills to build and implement new campaigns.
- Collaborate with client, agency partners, and other stakeholders establish KPIs and related program metrics.
- Coordinate and collaborate with technology team to ensure metrics and standards are developed, implemented, captured, and appropriately tested/QA’ed for digital programs.
- Conduct testing and troubleshooting to ensure campaigns are tracked correctly.
- Prepare written analysis and presenting findings and recommendations, to internal and external partners, with clarity and recommendations for specific actions to improve product.
- Maintain comprehensive documentation on measurement methodology and reporting process to ensure continuity and consistency of analytics program.
Bachelor’s degree: Business, Marketing/Advertising, Computer Science, or a related field of study
- 2-3 years of professional experience with a minimum 1 years in an analyst role preferably in digital or interactive industries
Technical Skills Requirements:
- Experience with Google Analytics, Omniture/Adobe Suite, Social Listening and Social Media Anaytics required
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint Skills required
- Experience with Tableau strongly preferred
Soft Skills Requirements:
- A proactive self-starter who can collaborate among a variety of departments.
- Superior logic and excellent communication skills to present complex concepts and data analyses in a clear and effective manner.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, ever changing environment.
- Learn and thoroughly understand CDM’s business model and objectives, including a wide array of products, and being able to effectively apply it through internal and external interactions
- Facilitate in the pre-launch process of new clients and campaigns by gathering relevant information from Account team & work with internal teams to ensure a successful and efficient launch
- Support day-to-day tasks for the Analytics team as well as constant interactions with internal teams
- Participate in in the launch of new campaigns, including strategy, targeting and optimization; identify areas for scale and growth within these accounts
- Align performance metrics with individual, team and companywide goals
- Set up and maintain master campaign document to include new clients, and key account information and communications
- Pull internal reports for campaign results, evaluation of client KPIs
- Troubleshoot campaign issues, such as tracking, revenue and other key metrics
- Critically think of new creative concepts, implementation, tracking and measurement of campaigns Requirements
- Comfortable working with data and numbers: Ability to present data in various ways that highlight campaign performance.
- Enjoys cultivating positive relationships and possess a natural ability to communicate well with others
- Communicates effectively through written and verbal methods is able to articulate findings, issues to team and others
- Highly proactive, efficient, and goal-oriented
- Naturally curious and demonstrates an eagerness to learn
- Exceptionally organized and meet deadlines
- Proficient with Excel
- Able to work independently and within a team environment
- Strong understanding of general marketing/advertising concepts
- 1-2 years of professional experience at a media, tech or digital marketing company
- BA/BS degree
- Strong understanding of and familiarity with using data visualization platforms (Tableau, Microsoft Power BI, etc.) highly preferred