Title: Project Manager
Overview: The Project Manager, under the guidance of the VP, Associate Director, PMO is responsible for the day-to-day management of assigned projects including: project initiation and planning, directing and managing project execution, monitoring and controlling project work, and scheduling of all project activities for multi-channel media (from print and digital advertising to social media). The Project Manager is accountable for ensuring that all projects are effectively and efficiently executed and delivered successfully against client expectations, and delivered on-time, on-budget and error-free contributing to overall agency profitability. The Project Manager is the primary project expert ensuring all business and project goals are met while also managing all aspects of the project schedule, resources and budgets.
- Direct and manage the execution of multi-channel media projects from inception through completion to ensure that projects are completed on time, within budget, error free and meet internal and external stakeholder needs. Assess project requirements, resources, milestones and specific deliverables to manage the development process. Follows Project Management disciplines in the following areas: Scope management, Schedule management, Cost management, Issue management, Risk management, Quality management, Resource management, and Communication management. In addition, project managers are responsible for employing project methodology and tools as defined within the Project Management Office; ensuring quality control of the methodology, and contributing to the further enhancement of the methodology. Accountable for meeting project schedule and results as well as for the client satisfaction and the quality of the deliverable.
- Collaborate with the Senior Account and Creative brand team leaders to develop a Creative/Project Brief in support of the client’s strategic objectives. Work with account and creative leads, and provide experience-based input including budgets, resources, timing, scope of work, etc. to ensure that project parameters align with client expectations.
- Motivates and directs the project team. Develops, implements and manages the project plan. Sets goals, objectives and priorities; assigns and reviews work. Acts as primary interface with senior client service and creative leadership, as well as the client on issues regarding the project deliverables. Ensures client reviews are held. Obtains client approval on status and requirements.
- Manage communication and collaboration with the internal brand team in support of the client’s strategic objectives. Communicate regularly with all project constituents (internal and client) to address questions, concerns, feedback, and proactively address obstacles to maintain overall team collaboration and quality project output. Actively engage in all meetings for assigned projects; Coordinate the following with the Project Coordinators: update project plans and timelines as needed, compilation of client feedback and prepare Service Reports, to document next steps and issue solutions for internal and external team members.
- Work in concert with Account Management, Creative and Finance to ensure all projects remain on budget and within scope. Ensure that client billing is accurate by tracking, reporting, evaluating and controlling projects, participating in financial review meetings, and addressing issues as they arise.
- Work closely with Senior Account and Creative leaders to determine internal resource allocation to assure timely project progression and completion within approved budget. Alert executive management if additional resources are recommended or required to achieve client goals.
- Partner with all team members to ensure flawless project execution. Review projects for alignment with industry, client and vendor specifications; execution accuracy and functionality; and alignment with the Creative/Project Brief and project specifications. Capture lessons learned throughout the lifecycle of the project, as well as at its conclusion, and develop and implement action plans for best practice improvements.
- Effectively communicate with senior level managers and project team in a project-oriented setting. Build effective project teams; ability to develop and master balanced project plans and keep the team updated on progress and issues.
- Mentor Project Coordinator(s) to promote internal learning and development within the Project Management Office by engaging them in processes, meetings and relevant activities to ensure team alignment and effectiveness.
- Support adoption and utilization of various digital technology platforms including but not limited to SocialBridge, Digital Collaboration, Resource Management, and Financial Management across agency brand teams and clients, contributing to greater efficiencies in collaboration, routing for approval, and file-sharing cross-geography.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 3-5 years of project management experience within the healthcare and/or pharmaceutical industry across multichannel media projects, with a minimum of 2 years exposure in digital production
- Advertising agency experience preferred
- Solid track record of successfully leading projects from initiation to completion, error-free, on-time and on-budget
- Proactive decision-maker, leader and motivator
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to lead teams in high-pressure situations
- Ability to work under deadlines on multiple projects and process information expeditiously
- Comprehensive knowledge and skills across all multichannel media, and ability to apply leading edge industry trends to improve marketing and advertising production
- Strong oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Ability to work autonomously
- Strong computer skills required including Microsoft Project, Visio, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Team-building, problem-solving, and conflict resolution skills
Position Title: Senior Project Manager
Supervisor: Associate Director, Project Management
Function: Project Management
Overview:The Senior Project Manager (SPM) is responsible for managing multiple clients/brands. The SPM will partner with Account Leadership to manage client relationships on assigned brands, develop talent within the Project Management discipline, and attain financial goals as outlined in metrics associates with this role. The Senior Project Manager has day-to-day management of their own projects, and assumes accountability for the training and mentoring of junior PM staff on project initiation and planning, directing and managing project execution, monitoring and controlling project work, and scheduling of all project activities for multichannel tactics. The Senior Project Manager is accountable for ensuring that all projects are effectively and efficiently executed and delivered successfully against client expectations and delivered on-time, on-budget, and error-free contributing to overall agency profitability. The Senior Project Manager demonstrates an expert knowledge of and is accountable for managing the team’s adherence to agency processes and SOP’s and revisiting when change is needed. Depending on the size of assigned account, Sr. Project Managers may be asked to lead PMs and operate as primary point person with an overall holistic view of the account or several accounts, including jobs, staffing, and tactics within.
- PROCESS & WORKFLOW Direct and manage the execution of multi-channel media jobs from inception through completion. Responsible for the quality and consistency of work across the Brand Project Management team. Maintain understanding of client needs and processes and effectively communicate those needs to Brand PMO team. Accountable for Brand team and Brand PMO team adherence of workflow and process management focusing on quality, profitability, efficiency, and productivity. Effectively employ project management methodology throughout the lifecycle of all jobs ensuring quality control and flawless execution of intermediary and final job submissions.
- RESOURCE & FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT Work closely with Senior Account and Creative leads to determine internal resource and financial allocation and ensure that all jobs are managed on budget and within scope. Ensures changing resource and project requirements are communicated to all members of the project team, and that the changes are understood by all members of the team. Ensures all change management documentation is executed and understood by all team members. Partner with Group Account Director in development of annual Scope of Work and be prepared to address budget concerns and questions as they arise, internally and with clients. Monitor weekly financial tracking and monthly financial reconciliation on Brand PMO team, and accountable for own projects financial health. Proactively manage up to Associate Director, Project Management, and above for any jobs where financial health is at risk.
- EXECUTION OF DELIVERABLES Develop, implement and manage project plans and communicate objectives, priorities, and goals among internal brand teams to ensure that tasks are accomplished collaboratively, on-schedule, and meet agency and client standards. As the primary interface internal team and leadership, the Senior Project Manager effectively leads internal meetings (eg, job planning, hot sheet, internal, and client status meetings, job openings, financial status meetings), making important and relevant contributions, and generating feasible solutions. Proactively monitors and controls project execution with all team members throughout the lifecycle of a job; updates teams on progress and addresses obstacles and concerns to maintain quality job output. Monitors and communicates project status, adjusts resources and priorities accordingly, and ensures that team has assets, tools, and support required to complete job. Conduct client facing project status meetings in collaboration with account management to inform clients of all project schedules, critical milestones and critical dependencies.
- MENTORING Effectively lead and support employee engagement opportunities and foster cross- discipline relationships to better our agency’s culture, resources, talent development, and marketplace position. Set clear performance expectations, communicate alignment between individual roles and overall organizational strategy, and deliver on employment value proposition. Support and leverage talent programs and initiatives. Manage, train and develop one or more direct reports ranging in experience from entry level (Coordinator) to mid-level (Project Manager) as dictated by team size and business need. In the absence of direct reports; act as an educator, mentor or coach, especially during onboarding.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 8+ years’ experience, with 3+ years’ proficiency in Interactive/Digital Project Management
- Comprehensive knowledge and skills across all multi-channel media (print, digital, and social media), and ability to apply leading edge project management philosophy, tools and techniques to improve marketing and advertising execution
- Advertising agency experience required
- Healthcare and/or pharmaceutical experience strongly desired
- Strong financial/budget-management experience required
- Solid track record of successfully leading projects from initiation to completion, error-free, on-time and on-budget
- Strong computer skills required including high level of computer competency and associated software (Microsoft Suite: Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat Pro, Microsoft Project) required.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships to gain trust and respect
- Build constructive relationships to foster collaboration and cross-functional thinking
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Creative, innovative, enthusiastic problem solver demonstrating influencing skills; exhibits strong mentoring, teamwork, and client-service orientation
- Ability to learn new concepts quickly, easily make connections among previously unrelated ideas, and enjoy the challenge of unfamiliar tasks
- Ability to regularly exercise judgement and discretion in order to manage jobs
- Customer Focus
- Dealing With Paradox
- Presentation Skills
- Decision Quality
- Organizational Agility
- Interpersonal Skills