Title: Associate Project Manager
Purpose:The Associate Project Manager leads the logistics, communication, and execution of marketing campaigns and tactics for assigned jobs across clients/brands to ensure that agency execution stays on track and meets agency/client process and guidelines. The APM gains the knowledge needed to provide relevant communication to the team and assist in the planning and organizing of job activities to ensure agency deliverables are accurate, timely, and within budget.
Under minimal supervision, the Associate Project Manager is engaged in the daily running of smaller scope jobs and partners with Project Managers on larger-scale multi-channel jobs and demonstrates a deep knowledge of agency processes and guidelines.
1. PROCESS & WORKFLOW Effectively lead the logistical execution and ongoing management of job-related materials to ensure agreed-upon schedules and deliverables are met. Supports team adherence with workflow and process management focusing on quality, profitability, efficiency, and productivity. Solicit feedback, resolve challenges and maintain communication with internal teams. Oversee the med-legal submission process, obtain client/agency alignment, and efficiently shepherd work throughout the agency to final disk release.
2. RESOURCE & FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT Manage internal and external resources to ensure timely job progression and completion within approved budget. Work with creative and account teams to track approved hours and costs against scope of work. Track and report job budgets and overall financials and ensure the accuracy of monthly billing and out-of-pocket expenses. Maintain consistent communication and alert senior management if additional resources are recommended to meet timeline and deliverables. This job description is not intended, and should not be construed, to be an all-inclusive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions as associated with a job. While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job requirements, management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties from particular jobs and to assign other duties as necessary.
3. EXECUTION OF DELIVERABLES Manage materials and proactive communication among internal brand teams to ensure that tasks are accomplished collaboratively, on-schedule, and meet agency standards and client expectations. Maintain project artifacts and job documentation, and broadly communicate status updates to all project constituents. Schedule and actively prepare for and engage in brand team meetings. Prepare and submit intermediary and final-approved job materials to meet submission deadlines.
4. DEVELOPMENT Work collaboratively and cross-functionally to acquire a deeper knowledge of assigned brand(s), the healthcare industry and client/internal processes. An Associate Project Manager will refine project management skills and master internal 6D workflow and processes and the quality of client deliverables. An APM will engage in independently owning the management of tactics and partner with Project Managers on larger jobs, seek out and embrace professional development opportunities, including mentoring and training PCs, and ensure alignment with agency expectations and overall organizational strategy.
- BA degree and 2-4 years’ prior work experience, with 2 years’ experience in project management capacity
- Advertising agency experience preferred, healthcare industry or professional services firm
- Financial/budget-management experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to successfully plan and manage small-to-medium scale jobs throughout
- the lifecycle of a job
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships to gain trust and respect
- Action-oriented and full of energy for challenging concepts and new assignments
- Build constructive relationships to foster collaboration and cross-functional thinking
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to learn new concepts quickly, easily make connections among previously unrelated ideas and enjoy the challenge of unfamiliar tasks
- High level of computer competency and associated software (Microsoft Suite: Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint) required. Microsoft Project experience desired.
- Ability to regularly exercise judgement and discretion in order to manage jobs
- Ability to problem solve and demonstrate influencing skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize coordination of multiple jobs/assignments
- Ability to set priorities and adapt to changing situations quickly
- Action Oriented
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Learning on the Fly
- Time Management
- Customer Focus
Omnicom Health Group is an EOE/AA Employer.