Click column header to sort
Title: Senior Medical Copy Editor
Company/Location: CDM Princeton/Princeton, NJ
Core Competencies: Customer Focus, Interpersonal Savvy and Creativity
Overview: The Senior Medical Copy Editor will maintain editorial quality control of agency deliverables during all stages of production. The candidate must be a proactive, motivated, and resourceful individual with excellent editorial skills and a dedication to helping to establish thorough editorial processes.
- Lead copyeditor on one brand, and back up on other brands
- Copy edit, fact-check, and proofread a variety of promotional and educational materials for physicians, other healthcare professionals, and patients from manuscript through print or digital production
- Work closely with Account Services, Copywriters, Art Directors, and other team members to ensure that print and digital materials are of the highest quality in terms of accuracy, utility, clarity, readability, and appeal
- Work with Account Coordinators on timing of quality control of projects, including copyediting, styling, fact-checking, proofreading
- Work closely with writers on content and referencing
- Work closely with account team on content and scheduling
- Help copywriters and account team with research and article retrieval
- Create and maintain a brand style guide
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience (3-5 years) copyediting in a pharmaceutical advertising agency, in-house agency, or medical publishing company preferred. Will consider candidates with copyediting experience in other fields, but who are new to the pharma agency environment.
- Working knowledge of AMA Manual of Style, 10th edition desirable
- Articulate oral and written communication skills essential
- Curiosity/interest in medical topics essential
- Organization and attention to detail essential
Vice President, Account Supervisor
The VP, Account Supervisor will operate on multiple levels, both internally and externally, to strategically manage the brand, product, agency product team and especially external client relations.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Demonstrate "Big Picture" thinking view of Brand and business and provide strategic contributions to success of assigned brand(s)
- Aid in the construction of a marketing plan and contribute to a successful pitch
- Lead strategic and tactical planning process
- Aggressively monitor and understand the competitive landscape, both strategic and creative
- Seek opportunities to showcase agency work among current and prospective clients
- Seek opportunities to grow business within current accounts and into new accounts connected with that client.
- Manage expectations of both the agency staff and client to ensure a positive, productive atmosphere
- Demonstrate ability to adapt to various client corporate cultures.
- Keep senior management briefed on account activities
- Continue to refine skills in strategy and the business planning process
- Demonstrate comprehensive understanding of client's business and actively seek opportunities for further account development
- Determine adequate distribution of creative manpower according to brand projects and their urgencies
- Demonstrate mastery of scientific category and competitive data.
- Demonstrate the fiscal acumen to lead a profitable account
- Aggressively monitor fee performance to encourage/ensure profitability.
- Demonstrate ability to determine and negotiate budget needs, produce accurate and timely fee reconciliations, and provide input to development of the fee.
Client Service Responsibilities:
- Ensure that all Agency work represents the best we have to offer -- strategically sound, arresting creative, and error-free
- Vigilantly seek to optimize both Agency services and internal resources
- Keep abreast of marketing/advertising and brand-specific trends in order to offer added-value to the client/creative product
- Articulate agency POV without being afraid to take a stand
- Strategically problem solve for discrepancies between client and agency
- Establish credibility with clients at all levels and embody service-oriented attitude
- Become trusted and integral strategic advisor to the client team
- Uphold Agency quality standards in servicing the Client
- Communicate effectively and professionally both internally and externally
- Demonstrate good problem-solving and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate ability to set priorities while handling multiple projects and to delegate work appropriately
- Remain calm despite high pressure situations
- Project a professional, positive attitude toward peers and clients within the department and the agency
- Maintain accurate time sheets
- Foster a positive team atmosphere demonstrating respect for peers and supervisors
- Assist other members of department/team as needed when workload allows
- Foster senior level partnerships with creative/account colleagues
- Act as a positive role model for agency at client and industry events
- Assign work to assure project deadlines are met
- Monitor overall workload to effect efficiency and assure that waiting or downtime is minimized
- Keep supervisor or department head apprised of any workload challenges/concerns on assigned team accounts that may necessitate hiring freelancers
- Monitor, review and approve direct report’s time sheets in terms of hours worked on specific jobs
- Provide constructive and direct ongoing feedback to direct reports
- Evaluate performance of direct reports and complete and deliver performance reviews
- Help supervisor manage and resolve staff issues including performance, personal presentation and internal interactions
- Recommend adjustments/additions to the roles and procedures of the department to achieve continuous improvement and efficiency across all accounts and/or specific accounts
- Help interview, train and orient new team members to the agency, department, and account(s) at the direction of department head
- Provide ongoing guidance to all team members and be available to them as a resource for account/agency/departmental policies, procedures, etc.
- Act as an advocate of CDM; make decisions with the Agency’s and employees’ best interest in mind.
- Embody the four core values: substance, style, conviction & grace.
- Provide leadership within his/her department as well as across the Agency.
- Proactively provide suggestions that impact agency policy and operations.
- Demonstrate support of the Agency’s goals and mission.
- Identify, recruit, train and develop talent
- Motivate direct reports, and act as a mentor to all within Agency
- Understand when it’s appropriate to make decisions independently and when to escalate issues/decisions to manager
- College degree, preferably in marketing, advertising, communications or science/medicine
- 5 - 8 years Agency or comparable experience
- 3 years of supervisory experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Well-developed knowledge of business practices/vendor relations
- Maturity to handle independent senior-level Client contact
- Ability to manage and train staff
- Successful history of growing brands and possibly launching brands
- Understanding of therapeutic categories/disease states
Title: Account Supervisor
Company/Location: CDM Princeton/ San Fransisco, CA
Department/Discipline: Account Services
Competencies: Customer Focus, Interpersonal Savvy and Creativity
Lifechangersneeded! CDMPrinceton—theonlyagencyintheNJ/PAareawiththefierce, fast-pacedspiritofabig-cityagencyandthetalenttomatch—ishiring! Ifyouhavemad account skills, areamasterof account, andlovetowork withwickedlytalented professionals, checkoutour Account Supervisor opening. Applytoday!
Overview: The Account Supervisor (AS) is responsible for developing and overseeing the implementation of marketing strategies for our clients and will be expected to maintain a complete working knowledge of the assigned disease segment and brand goals. The AS will manage client relationships, oversee talent development for direct report(s) and ensure financial goals are attained as outlined in the metrics associated with this role.
- Execute strategy, provide brand stewardship and maintain strong client satisfaction on assigned brand(s)
- Communicate client needs to all cross functional partners ensuring projects are on brief and in line with brand strategy
- Effectively present the agency’s recommendations, points-of-view, or strategy documents to clients, taking a leadership role in their preparation
- Work with Project Management to provide accurate and timely product forecasts – while seeking supervisor’s input on critical situations or changes
- Ensure that team members know and follow established agency account procedures, including but not limited to; account files, approval process and status reports
- Develop presentations to sell recommendations to client(s)
- Conduct regular meetings with account group team to discuss client issues, opportunities and work in progress
- Supervise and motivate account group team to ensure a high level of client satisfaction
- Coach and develop direct report(s) by creating individual development plans, providing on the job learning and ensuring attendance at relevant OHG courses
- Participate in all management courses offered by OHG, as assigned
- Support and/or lead team or agency initiatives as assigned
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 3 years of medical marketing or agency experience
- Previous experience managing one or more direct reports
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Able to collaborate across a multi-disciplinary brand team
- Excellent presentation skills with an ability to present ideas to brand teams and clients
- Experience working on digital projects or accounts with strong digital focus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
Title: VP, Associative Creative Director, Copy
Company/Location: CDM Princeton / San Fransisco, CA
Competencies: Creativity, Interpersonal Savvy, Perseverance
This job might be for you if:
- You enjoy writing solid, intelligent, brand-appropriate, creative pieces. Our creative can be in a variety of forms and for a variety of audiences, with a strong focus on producing experiences.
- You’re a leader and a decision maker. You want to shape and guide teams of the smartest writers in the business.
- You can present and sell ideas. Both internally and to clients with confidence and enthusiasm.
- You’re quick on your feet. You can help solve strategic and creative issues when they arise.
- You communicate clearly. You can provide strong, concise direction and guide the careers of multiple writers in a way that is effective, positive, and in line with CDM’s core values.
- You pay attention to the details. You understand the assigned brands, indications, therapeutic implications, and competition as well as regularly research trends in the appropriate areas.
- You are motivated and driven. You like helping others. You volunteer for new challenges without waiting to be asked. You are passionate and truly want to make a difference.
To land this gig:
- You must have a portfolio that will demonstrate strong conceptual abilities, standout creative thinking, and exceptional writing in produced work.
- You possess excellent presentation skills and show solid leadership.
- You must have a desire to mentor and are a team-oriented individual.
- You can multitask.
- You need the ability to manage multiple pieces of business with overlapping deliverables at times. But you can do that in your pjs, while taking advantage of CDMP’s Work From Home Policy on Fridays.
- And you get extra points if you have some experience in healthcare already, involvement in direct-to-physician work, and a Bachelor’s degree. So if this sounds like you, and something you want to be a part of, send us a note.
Omnicom Health Group is an EOE/ AA Employer.