Freelance Medical Engagement Clinical Research Specialist
The Medical Engagement Clinical Research Specialist
Overview of Job Function: The Medical Engagement Clinical Research Specialist performs chart reviews and engages in physician networking and community outreach across a variety of indications and locations across the country. The goal of educating and enlisting the support of referral sources and patient groups is achieved through keen interpersonal skills and developing and maintaining key relationships via email, phone, and in person. The outcome is to enhance study awareness and drive patient recruitment within specific clinical trials. Recruitment and retention are hallmarks of this role.
- Identify opportunities to educate physicians and health care professionals with referring potential on study participation
- Coordinate and attend recruitment events, activities, and meetings
- Contact and visit medical facilities as well as community organizations and advocacy groups to build rapport, support, and increase clinical trial awareness
- Present clinical trial information to healthcare professionals, one on one or in group settings, while incorporating referral strategies (i.e., Grand Rounds, Lunch and Learns, etc.)
- Provide on-going assessments and guidance to assist clinical study sites with identifying and overcoming recruitment challenges and opportunities
- Conduct on-site chart reviews for projects requiring focused recruitment lead generation
- Generate clear and detailed documentation of above listed activities on a timely basis
- Maintain consistent and evolving trackers to address recruitment performance and retention
- Assist in the activities of the Director of Medical Engagement Program, as needed
Education and Experience:
- R.N. or Bachelor’s or Advanced degree in sciences, health communications, or related field of study
- 5+ years’ experience working in a medical environment – hospital, clinics, research facilities, outreach centers, etc
Critical Success Factors
- Strong medical or scientific background in pharmaceutical trials
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Self-directed to increase clinical trial awareness in all areas of the health care community.
- Ability to build and maintain long-term relationships with persons from varied social, economic, and educational backgrounds
- Excellent problem-solving skills with an ability to work independently on multiple tasks.
- Adaptable to working in a variety of environments and flexible hours
Managerial Responsibilities: None
Work Environment: Varies from a home office to medical offices, clinics, research facilities or community centers based on project need. The standard office equipment for this position is a computer/laptop, printer, copier, fax machine, file cabinets, and mobile or landline telephone.
Physical Demands: In performing this position, the individual will spend time in varying environments— both physical and climate related, including medical facilities, airports/airplanes, and lodging accommodations. The ability to move and adapt to the environment, as well as communicating in-person, using a laptop, electronic devices, smartphones, etc. is critical. When not traveling, this is a moderately sedentary position. Ability to manipulate the body to accomplish the essential functions of the job is required.
Classification: Freelance, hourly
Reports to: Director, Medical Engagement Program
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: Part-time or freelance position with approximately 15 to 30 hours per week dependent upon project(s) needs.
Travel: Travel required, varying in frequency and duration, based on the need of clinical sites associated with projects assigned.
Other Duties: This job description is not designed to be a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties and responsibilities required of the employee in this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are looking for an experienced Project Manager to facilitate successful patient recruitment campaigns and help make a difference in the lives of people suffering from various medical conditions.
As a project manager, you will be responsible for providing day to day leadership, management, and oversight of projects to ensure the seamless delivery of high-quality services. Your essential areas of focus will be:
• Maintaining an open and clear channel of communication with the client
• Conducting all aspects of project management including the execution of deliverables
• Building on and increasing the client's trust and respect
• Ensuring support is provided as scoped in the contract, this includes:
o meeting all timeline milestones without going over budget, and
o holding the client accountable for their timeline milestones.
• Contribute to new business proposals by participating in strategy meetings
• Provide insight/guidance as to how to meet the client's need
Our qualified candidate will have the following:
• Bachelor's degree in communications, health care or science
• 5 years previous patient recruitment management experience in an agency, pharmaceutical, or health communications related industry
• Strong budget, timeline, communication, and general project management skills
• Experience with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint required
• Excellent presentation skills are a must; business development skills a plus
People of color, women, and members of underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply
Click here to see the full job description