REMOTE FREELANCE MEDICAL ENGAGEMENT CLINICAL RESEARCH SPECIALIST
Overview of Job Function: The Medical Engagement Clinical Research Specialist performs chart reviews and engages in physician networking and community outreach across a variety of indications and locations across the country. The goal of educating and enlisting the support of referral sources and patient groups is achieved through keen interpersonal skills and developing and maintaining key relationships via email, phone, and in person. The outcome is to enhance study awareness and drive patient recruitment within specific clinical trials. Recruitment and retention are hallmarks of this role.
• Identify opportunities to educate physicians and health care professionals with referring potential on study participation.
• Coordinate and attend, as needed, recruitment events, activities and meetings.
• Contact and visit medical facilities as well as community organizations and advocacy groups to build rapport, support and increase clinical trial awareness.
o Present clinical trial PowerPoints to healthcare professionals, one on one or to groups, while incorporating referral strategies
• Provide on-going assessments and guidance to assist clinical study sites with identifying and overcoming recruitment challenges and opportunities.
• Conduct on-site chart reviews for projects requiring focused recruitment lead generation
• Generate clear and detailed documentation of above listed activities on a timely basis
• Maintain consistent and evolving trackers to address recruitment performance and retention
• Assist in the activities of the Director of Medical Engagement Program, as needed.
Education and Experience
• R.N. or Bachelor’s degree in sciences, health communications, social sciences, or related field of study
• 5+ years’ experience working in a medical environment – hospital, clinics, research facilities, outreach centers, etc.
• Familiarity with medical terminology
• Strong medical or scientific background in pharmaceutical trials
• Exceptional communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills
• Excellent time management and organizational skills
• Self-directed to increase clinical trial awareness in all areas of the health care community.
• Ability to build and maintain long-term relationships with persons from varied social, economic, and educational backgrounds
• Excellent problem solving skills with an ability to work independently on multiple tasks.
•Adaptable to working in a variety of environments and flexible hours
Managerial Responsibilities: None
Work Environment: Varies from a home office to medical offices, clinics, research facilities or community centers based on project need.
The standard office equipment for this position is a computer, printer, copier, fax machine, file cabinets, and mobile or landline telephone.
Physical Demands: Sedentary for home-based work with periods of standing, and walking. Manual dexterity of hands/fingers for keyboarding and repetitive movement of hands and arms for reaching objects. Infrequent light lifting of less than 20 pounds.
Reports to: Director, Medical Engagement Program
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: Part-time or freelance position with approximately 15 to 30 hours per week dependent upon project(s) needs.
Travel: Travel required, varying in frequency and duration, based on the need of clinical sites associated with projects assigned.
Other Duties: This job description is not designed to be a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties and responsibilities required of the employee in this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.